I made a nice big ole batch of slow cooker shredded Buffalo chicken the other day. One of my favorite things to make with it is Buffalo chicken panini. It takes only minutes to make yet it’s absolutely packed with flavor. Crunchy bread. Smoky bacon. Ooey gooey cheese. Tangy blue cheese (or gorgonzola if you prefer a little milder flavor). Kickin’ chicken. And cool, crunchy slaw.
I could eat a Buffalo chicken panini all day long. My Cuisinart Griddler does a great job of crisping up the bread and melting the cheese. I use my Griddler for everything from breakfast to dinner. Check out my other recipes all made with the Griddler!
Buffalo Chicken Panini
One of my favorite things to make with it is Buffalo chicken panini. It takes only minutes to make yet it’s absolutely packed with flavor.
Servings 2 sandwiches
- 4 slices bread thick slices
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices thick bacon cooked
- ½ cup Buffalo chicken shredded, warmed (see our slow-cooker or Big Easy recipes for making Buffalo chicken)
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese crumbled
- ½ cup coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons Ranch dressing
- Preheat a panini press or skillet.
- Spread butter on one side of each piece of bread.
- Place two slices butter-side down on the press or in the skillet.
- Divide cheese and bacon between sandwiches.
- Combine the chicken with the blue cheese and divide between the sandwiches.
- Mix the slaw and Ranch dressing and divide between the sandwiches.
- Add remaining bread slices butter-side up and close press.
- Cook until the bread is toasted and golden. If using a skillet flip the sandwiches once the bottom is done and cook the other side until toasted and golden.
Calories: 618kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 2904mg | Potassium: 315mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 245IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 264mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutritional values are approximate.