I love a good hot dog. Easy to make, fun to eat. Stuff has to fall off while you’re eating it. That’s the sign of a great hot dog (actually, it’s the sign of good food, period). This Jersey City hot dog combines some of the best things you can have: spicy BBQ sauce, smoked bacon, onion, and of course… cheese. A little crunch and a little kick. Perfect!
I used some of my homemade applewood-smoked maple bacon on these Jersey City dogs. Wow, what a great combination of flavors. Don’t skimp on the bacon. Life’s too short for tasteless cheap bacon. I didn’t go wimpy on the BBQ sauce. Nope, I used my favorite Bayou BBQ Cajun sauce from Frog Bone. It’s a nice thin sauce with great spice and kick.
Also try my Memphis-style BBQ hot dogs.
Jersey City Hot Dog
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- spicy BBQ Sauce I used Frog Bone Bayou BBQ Cajun Sauce
- extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 4 slices bacon cooked, crumbled or chopped
- Cook or grill your dogs as desired.
- Warm buns.
- Add dogs to buns and top with BBQ sauce and cheese. Place under broiler just long enough to melt the cheese.
- Add the onion and bacon and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.