Sure, I’ve made homemade salad dressings before. But I admit, I get lazy and find myself reverting back to the store-bought versions. I’ve vowed to end my purchases of bottled dressings (or at least jazz them up by adding a few fresh ingredients), starting with this incredible creamy poppyseed dressing. Anita proclaimed it her instant favorite, which is a great way to start on my homemade dressing journey!
This dressing has the perfect combination of sweet and tangy, with just the right consistency so that it does run off your salad and form a lake at the bottom of your plate. Nor does it sit there, stuck to your salad like well.. gum.
Grated onion really adds a lot of flavor to this creamy poppyseed dressing. Use a fine grater, such as a microplane, to get the onion as finely grated as you can. You can also mince the onion then, using the flat side of the knife, squish the onion into a paste.
Also try my creamy Italian dressing.
Creamy Poppyseed Dressing
- 1/3 cup sugar sugar substitute works just fine
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons onion grated, with juice (if you don't have any, you can just add onion powder to taste)
- 1 teaspoons poppy seeds or a bit more, as preferred
- Whisk together all ingredients.
Nutritional values are approximate.