This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
I love jalapeno poppers. Jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese are a great thing. The peppers mellow a bit. The creamy cheese cools the heat a bit. So, why not put those same great tastes together and make a jalapeno popper cheesy garlic bread? Yes, why not! Because we’re all tired of the standard garlic cheese bread. I mean hey, it’s good, but it needs some kick!
I made two ‘versions’ of this Jalapeno Popper Cheesy Garlic Bread. The top one was a little lighter on the jalapenos in case they would scare people off. The bottom one was loaded and loaded good. They were both fantastic and disappeared in no time at all.
Substitute Asiago or Swiss cheese for the mozzarella for a totally different taste. No matter what you use, you’re going to end up enjoying some great cheesy hot (and I do mean spicy hot) bread. This isn’t some fru-fru French restaurant bread.
I highly recommend that you shred or grate your own cheese at home. Don’t buy the pre-shredded or pre-grated stuff. It has stuff added to it to keep it from sticking together. That ‘stuff’ affects how the cheese melts. Shred it yourself and use the good stuff.
Also try my olive cheese bread.
Jalapeno Popper Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise.
- Brush the insides with the melted butter and sprinkle with the garlic powder.
- Bake for 5 minutes to get the bread a little crispy.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, chopped jalapenos, salt and pepper.
- When the bread has cooked spread both sides with the cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese and add the jalapeno slices.
- Bake for another 4-5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Slice and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.