Looking for a change from the “usual” garlic cheese bread? This olive cheese bread is salty, and cheesy, with just a little onion bite. Anita absolutely loves olives, so this was a major hit with her.
Next time I make this, I might kick it up even further by using stuffed olives. I can see where jalapeno-stuffed or garlic-stuffed olives would really take this over the top. I’d also use pepper jack cheese instead of Monterrey jack just for a little more heat.
Also try my jalapeno popper garlic cheese bread.
Olive Cheese Bread
- 6 ounces green olives pimento, jalapeno, or garlic-stuffed, sliced
- 6 ounces black olives pitted, chopped
- 2 stalks green onions chopped
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 pound Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 loaf French bread split in half horizontally
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Place all but the bread in a bowl and stir gently until combined.
- Spoon mixture onto bread halves.
- Bake on a baking sheet for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the bread starts to turn golden.
Nutritional values are approximate.