I love jalapeno poppers. Jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese are a great thing. The peppers mellow a bit. The creamy cheese cools the heat. So, why not put those same great tastes together and make a jalapeno popper cheesy garlic bread? Yes, why not!
I made two ‘versions’ of this bread. The top one was a little lighter on the jalapenos in case they would scare people off. The bottom one was loaded and loaded good. They were both fantastic and disappeared in no time at all.
Substitute Asiago or Swiss cheese for the mozzarella for a totally different taste. No matter what you use, you’re going to end up enjoying some great cheesy hot (and I mean hot) bread.
Also try my olive cheese bread.
Jalapeno Popper Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise.
- Brush the insides with the melted butter and sprinkle with the garlic powder.
- Bake for 5 minutes to get the bread a little crispy.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, chopped jalapenos, salt and pepper.
- When the bread has cooked spread both sides with the cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese and add the jalapeno slices.
- Bake for another 4-5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Slice and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.