This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Yeah, this is how BBQ beans are done. When you need a big batch of beans that’ll knock everyone’s socks off, these peach BBQ beans are it. Sure, I’ve smoked baked beans before and I’ve soaked dry beans overnight and gone through all the hassle. No hassle here. Just great BBQ bean flavor, with a little sweetness from peaches added in. Nice and different, and definitely delicious.
If peaches aren’t your thing, substitute canned apple pie filling instead. Or make two batches, one batch of these beans and one batch of apple BBQ beans and amaze all of the guests at your next (big!) party.
If I’m reaching for a bottled BBQ sauce, I often go for Sweet Baby Ray’s.
Peach BBQ Beans
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the bacon and cook, stirring constantly, until the bacon starts to crisp.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Do not remove any fat in the skillet.
- Add the bell pepper and onion to the skillet and cook until softened, stirring often, 5-6 minutes.
- Place all ingredients into a very large bowl and stir to combine well.
- Spray a 9″ x 13″ baking dish with non-stick spray. Pour in the bean mixture and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour or until bubbly hot. Note: If your pan is full to the brim, you might want to place a large baking dish on the oven rack below to catch any drippings that might flow over the side.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.