Let’s get the obvious out of the way first. Double this recipe. And if you have a lot of leftover smoked pulled pork (or brisket) laying around, quadruple the recipe. Because these smoked BBQ baked beans are fantastic you’ll want to make as much as will fit on your smoker at one time. I got this fantastic (and easy) recipe and many others from Brother Jimmy’s BBQ: More than 100 Recipes. If you’re a fan of smoking and grilling, you need Brother Jimmy’s now.
Just about any smoked meat will work just fine in these smoked BBQ baked beans. I prefer brisket or pulled pork, but chicken and turkey are good too. This is an excellent way to use up leftover (or not leftover) meats.
Also try my peach BBQ beans.
Smoked BBQ Baked Beans
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 32 ounce pork and beans
- 1 cup pulled pork cubed or shredded, this is a great way to use up leftovers!
- 1/2 cup your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- Fire up your smoker for smoking at 225 F.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan. Add the onion and saute for 5 minutes.
- Combine the onion and remaining ingredients in a medium disposable aluminum pan.
- Transfer to your smoker and smoke for 45 minutes-1 hour or until hot and bubbly, stirring occasionally.
Nutritional values are approximate.