The Big 10 basketball tournament was here in Indianapolis a few years ago. As part of the event, the Levy restaurant group in Chicago produced unique hot dogs that highlight each of the Big 10 teams. I came across a copy of the list of the dogs recently, and just had to make each of them. Smoky black bean salsa, melted cheddar, and mustard top the Purdue Boilermaker hot dog. The mustard and salsa were great. So was the salsa.
The Purdue Boilermaker hot dog was a big hit. And very easy to make. A real crowd-pleaser!
For a full list of all of the Big 10 team hot dogs, click here and enjoy!
Purdue Boilermaker Hot Dog
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1 cup Smoky black bean salsa if you can't find any mix a few drops of liquid smoke with black bean salsa
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Golden mustard
- Grill or cook the the dogs as desired.
- Toast your buns if you like (I always do).
- Place dogs on buns and top with plenty of salsa.
- Top with plenty of cheese. If you want your cheese melted place under the broiler for a minute.
- Add mustard and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.