This is exactly what little hot dogs hope they’ll grow up to be. Smothered in chili. Covered in cheese sauce. Sprinkled with crumbled Nacho tortilla chips and jalapenos. And of course, some nice cool sour cream. These nacho hot dogs are the stuff dreams are made of!
With every bite you get crunch, heat, cool and cheese! Perfect! And of course you can kick your dogs up even more by using a really spicy chili. I use the zesty cheese sauce from La Preferida for this and other dogs that call for cheese. It’s smooth and creamy and has a little bit of a spiciness to it. Also try my other variation on nacho hot dogs. Same concept, different toppings.
My Home Run hot dog chili is also fantastic on these dogs!
Nacho Hot Dogs
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1 cup bean chili warmed
- 1 cup Nacho cheese sauce warmed
- 1 cup Nacho tortilla chips lightly crushed
- pickled jalapenos diced
- sour cream
- Cook dogs and toast buns as desired.
- Place dogs on buns.
- Top with chili and cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle with crushed chips and jalapenos.
- Add sour cream, a bit more of the crumbled chips, and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.