My addiction to hot dogs is not a secret. I’ve made them hundreds (it seems) of different ways, from traditional to definitely-not-traditional. A dog and a bun make a great canvas for flavors (I bet no one has ever said that before). Like these nacho hot dogs. They’re really great. I really like the contrast between the beefy dog flavor and the coolness of the guacamole and sour cream, along with the crunchiness of the chips.
These hot dogs have some of my favorite toppings on them (you can add whatever, of course).
I could see adding refried beans. Or black olives. Jalapenos. Chopped tomatoes. Green chiles. You name it. Also try my other variation on nacho hot dogs. Same concept, different toppings.
Nacho Hot Dogs
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns warmed if desired
- handful tortilla chips crumbled
- 1 cup salsa I used Newman's Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- 1/2 cup Mexican shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- cilantro chopped (for garnish)
- Grill (or cook) your dogs as desired.
- Place dogs in buns. Top with remaining ingredients plus anything else you can find.
Nutritional values are approximate.