This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
If no one had been looking, I would’ve just put down my spoon and picked up my bowl of creamy pimento cheese soup and poured it right into my mouth. I know, not a pretty image but a spoon was just slowing me down. I could not get over how much I loved how creamy, rich and cheesy this soup was. It was like a tasty velvety bowl of happiness. For just a little contrast I added a small handful of homemade copycat Ruby Tuesday croutons, my favorites.
Creamy pimento cheese soup is absolutely perfect warmed up on a cold winter day, but also just as good on a hot day served at room temperature or thereabouts. Next time I’ll definitely double the recipe because the soup disappeared so fast. All I was soon left with was a memory. I’d rather have had another bowl!
I highly recommend that you shred or grate your own cheese at home. Don’t buy the pre-shredded or pre-grated stuff. It has stuff added to it to keep it from sticking together. That ‘stuff’ affects how the cheese melts. Shred it yourself and use the good stuff.
Creamy Pimento Cheese Soup
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and pimentos and saute for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the flour.
- Whisk in the stock and cream. Bring to a simmer and reduce to a simmer and simmer, stirring often, until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese until melted.
- Add green onions and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with green onions and croutons.
Nutritional values are approximate.