My slow cooker Buffalo chicken is mighty darned good, if I do say so myself. And putting it on a taco is just fantastic. Crunchy taco shell (I use crunchy shells whenever my taco ingredients aren’t crunchy) because I need that contrast between crunchy and well, not crunchy. Spicy, creamy chicken, sweet corn, fantastic avocado and a bit of cilantro. You won’t even realize that these Buffalo chicken tacos don’t have (or need) cheese on them, but if you’re missing it, just crumble a bit of blue cheese or Gorgonzola cheese over the tops before serving.
To give these Buffalo chicken tacos a nice citrus kick, serve them with a few lime wedges for squeezing.
If you think your tacos need even more of an extra kick, reach for some Cholula. It’s not crazy spicy, but it is crazy tasty.
Also try my Buffalo chicken sandwiches.
Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- 1 15-ounce whole kernel corn
- 3 cups Buffalo chicken I used our slow cooker version
- ½ cup blue cheese dressing or Ranch
- 12-16 taco shells or substitute flour tortillas
- 4 cups iceberg lettuce shredded
- 2 avocados peeled, pitted, chopped
- cilantro chopped, for garnish
- Warm the corn.
- Warm the chicken. Stir in the salad dressing.
- Heat the shells or tortillas as desired.
- Divide lettuce between tacos. Add meat, corn and avocado.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.