I’ve been a subscriber to Louisiana Cookin’ magazine for years. This tropical shrimp salad is a great example of why I’ve been a loyal reader for so long. This salad was incredible. A wonderful combination of fruits and shrimp, with a light creamy dressing that has a hint of vanilla. It was the perfect dish on a hot summer’s day.
I made this tropical shrimp salad a main dish by using large shrimp and large melon balls. You can also serve this as a side or a great pitch-in dish by using smaller shrimp and melon balls. This salad is also absolutely fantastic without the shrimp.
I used a Greek vanilla yogurt but regular ole yogurt works just fine too. There’s no way you can go wrong with this salad.
Also try my Peruvian Palta Rellena.
Tropical Shrimp Salad
For the salad
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp large, cooked and peeled
- 2 cups pineapple chopped
- 1 1/3 cups honeydew melon cut into balls
- 1 1/3 cups watermelon cut into balls
- 1 1/3 cups cantaloupe cut into balls
- 1 medium cucumber peeled, seeded, sliced
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped, plus more for garnish
For the salad
- Place all salad ingredients into a large bowl and stir gently.
For the dressing
- Whisk together all ingredients and pour over the shrimp and fruit mixture.
- Stir gently.
- Serve garnished with chopped green onions and dill.
Nutritional values are approximate.