This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
You’re throwing some burgers on the grill. You need a quick and easy side. One that uses ingredients you already have on hand. These easy grilled Creole potatoes check all the boxes for a tasty but simple dish that’s ready in no time. I like to cook my veggies in a grill basket. I find it easier than using skewers and I don’t have to worry about the potatoes splitting when I skewer them. Easy, each and every time.
You can substitute a Dijon mustard for the Creole if you prefer. Just make sure to get a good hearty mustard. You know, one with ingredients you can see. Not that creamy stuff. For me, Creole is the way to go when making easy grilled Creole potatoes. And I’m not shy with the mustard, either.
I use a grill basket when I make this dish.
Also try my grilled potatoes with mustard-garlic dressing.
This recipe was inspired by a recipe from Kraft.
Easy Grilled Creole Potatoes
- Stab the potatoes with a knife or fork. Place in a microwave-safe bowl. Add the water and cover. Microwave for 10-12 minutes until the potatoes are just tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Let cool.
- Quarter the potatoes and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard and pepper. Add to the potatoes. Stir to coat and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Fire up your grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat.
- Transfer the potatoes to a vegetable basket (or thread onto skewers) and grill 8-10 minutes until lightly charred and tender, turning a few times.
- Remove, transfer to a platter, sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.