Mmmmm. Crispy panko fried shrimp. If you ordered these little bites of yumminess at a restaurant how many would you get? Five? Six? That’s just not nearly enough. Not even close. They’re just too good to only eat a handful. They’re seasoned simply, fried quickly, and ready to devour before you know it.
For a little extra ‘something’ I often sprinkle my panko fried shrimp with just a bit of Old Bay seasoning just before I serve them. Not too much season, but enough that you get that wonderful seafood spice aroma and just a little of that great flavor. Try it and you’ll find yourself doing it too.
Also try my crispy fried shrimp.
Panko Fried Shrimp
Mmmmm. Crispy panko fried shrimp. If you ordered these little bites of yumminess at a restaurant how many would you get? Five? Six? That’s just not nearly enough.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 ½ pounds shrimp medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- kosher salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- seasoning salt to taste
- vegetable oil for cooking
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- Lemon wedges, tartar sauce, cocktail sauce for serving
- Place shrimp in a large bowl. Season well with salt, pepper and seasoning salt.
- Heat 3-4" of oil in a Dutch oven or deep fryer to 350 F.
- Add panko to a pie plate or shallow dish. Season with salt, pepper and seasoning salt and stir.
- In a separate pie plate or shallow dish place the flour. Season with salt, pepper and seasoning salt and stir.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg and water.
- Dip the shrimp in the egg and water mixture and coat. Shake off excess.
- Add the shrimp to the flour. Toss to coat. Shake off excess.
- Dip again in egg and water mixture. Shake off excess.
- Toss shrimp in panko crumbs. Coat well.
- Working in batches if necessary, add shrimp to the hot oil and fry 3-4 minutes, turning once. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Serve with lemon wedges, cocktail sauce or tartar sauce.
Calories: 379kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 522mg | Sodium: 1468mg | Potassium: 233mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 135IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 293mg | Iron: 6mg
Nutritional values are approximate.