Mmmmm. Crispy panko fried shrimp. If you ordered these little bites of yumminess at a restaurant how many would you get? Five? Six? That’s just not nearly enough. Not even close. They’re just too good to only eat a handful. They’re seasoned simply, fried quickly, and ready to devour before you know it.
For a little extra ‘something’ I often sprinkle my panko fried shrimp with just a bit of Old Bay seasoning just before I serve them. Not too much season, but enough that you get that wonderful seafood spice aroma and just a little of that great flavor. Try it and you’ll find yourself doing it too.
Also try my crispy fried shrimp.
Panko Fried Shrimp
- Place shrimp in a large bowl. Season well with salt, pepper and seasoning salt.
- Heat 3-4" of oil in a Dutch oven or deep fryer to 350 F.
- Add panko to a pie plate or shallow dish. Season with salt, pepper and seasoning salt and stir.
- In a separate pie plate or shallow dish place the flour. Season with salt, pepper and seasoning salt and stir.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg and water.
- Dip the shrimp in the egg and water mixture and coat. Shake off excess.
- Add the shrimp to the flour. Toss to coat. Shake off excess.
- Dip again in egg and water mixture. Shake off excess.
- Toss shrimp in panko crumbs. Coat well.
- Working in batches if necessary, add shrimp to the hot oil and fry 3-4 minutes, turning once. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Serve with lemon wedges, cocktail sauce or tartar sauce.
Nutritional values are approximate.