This Gorgonzola garlic bread recipe was a delicious change from our usual mozzarella cheese bread. I made this to go with some grilled BBQ shrimp, so we could sop up the sauce. They made a fantastic combination. We really liked the tang of the Gorgonzola. And although the recipe calls for making this bread in the oven, you can use the grill just as easily, specially if you already have it fired up!
Gorgonzola garlic bread is easy to make, but don’t forget the Parmesan cheese like I did the first time I made it. The Parmesan adds such a nice flavor with the Gorgonzola. You could substitute Asiago cheese and even add some red pepper flakes for a little heat. If that’s your thing.
Gorgonzola Garlic Bread
- ¼ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh parsley chopped
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch ground black pepper
- 1 loaf Italian bread cut into 1" slices, can substitute French bread
- Parmesan cheese grated, to taste
- Preheat broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, cheese, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture onto bread slices. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Place slices on a baking tray and under a broiler for a few minutes or until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
Nutritional values are approximate.