This Gorgonzola garlic bread recipe was a delicious change from our usual mozzarella cheese bread. I made this to go with some grilled BBQ shrimp, so we could sop up the sauce. They made a fantastic combination. We really liked the tang of the Gorgonzola.
Gorgonzola garlic bread is easy to make, but don’t forget the Parmesan cheese like I did the first time I made it. The Parmesan adds such a nice flavor with the Gorgonzola. You could substitute Asiago cheese and even add some red pepper flakes for a little heat.
Gorgonzola Garlic Bread
Gorgonzola garlic bread is easy to make, but don't forget the Parmesan cheese like I did the first time I made it.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch ground black pepper
- 1 loaf Italian bread cut into 1" slices
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- Preheat broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, cheese, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture onto bread slices. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Place slices on a baking tray and under a broiler for a few minutes or until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
Calories: 392kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 382mg | Potassium: 144mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 232IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional values are approximate.