I created a ‘quick fix’ category here so I’d have a place to click on for my easiest recipes. A short list of ingredients and a short amount of time is the rule. Something you can throw together and yet still enjoy. Like these quick fix pizza tots. It doesn’t take much to take your standard frozen tater tots (one of my favorite go-to quick sides) and give them a little different flavor. In this case, the flavors of pizza.
If I’d found some pepperoni slices in the pantry (trust me, I looked) I would’ve chopped them up and added them to these quick fix pizza tots when I added the cheese. Crumbled cooked Italian sausage would be great too! Just keep it quick, and easy. Canned black olives. Onion. Diced green bell pepper. These are all great ideas for topping this super-simple side dish.
I highly recommend that you shred or grate your own cheese at home. Don’t buy the pre-shredded or pre-grated stuff. It has stuff added to it to keep it from sticking together. That ‘stuff’ affects how the cheese melts. Get the real stuff.
Also try my quick fix seasoned tots. Just as easy, Just as great.
Quick Fix Pizza Tots
- 4 cups tater tots frozen
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup cheese shredded (mozzarella, cheddar, whichever you prefer)
- ⅓ cup pizza sauce or ketchup
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet. Pour the tots onto the sheet and spread out evenly. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the tots with the salt and cheese.
- Whisk together the pizza sauce and Italian seasoning and drizzle over the tots.
- Bake another 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with more salt before serving, if desired.
Nutritional values are approximate.