Ya know, it just doesn’t have to be fancy to be good. I’m a big time tater tot addict. I have been since I was a kid and I remain so to this day. Back then all I needed was butter on my tots. Yep, butter. Now, I want a little more flavor, but without going crazy. So I just grab some seasoning mix out of the pantry, do a little sprinkle or two (or three) and it’s time for more grown-up tater tots.
Some day I will tackle making my own tater tots from scratch. They’re really not that difficult to make, from what I can tell. Why have I waited so long to try it? Well, I have to say, I’ve been making seasoned tater tots for many, many years, and I sure would hate to mess with tradition. There’s a lot of memories in those bags of potatoes.
Also try my copycat of Primanti Brother’s Terror Tots. For fast easy, you can’t beat my quick fix Asian fries or my pizza-flavored tots.
Seasoned Tater Tots
- 1 30-ounce bag tater tots
Seasoning (pick one)
- 3 tablespoons Fire-Eater rub
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 3 tablespoons Ranch dressing seasoning
- 3 tablespoons chipotle Shake’N Bake seasoning
- Bake the tater tots per package instructions.
- Transfer tots to a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with the desired seasoning and gently toss to coat.
- Transfer tots to a serving plate and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.