Smoked Cheez-Its are the perfect game-time snack. They’re addictingly good. They’ll disappear unexpectedly quickly, so make sure you make extra. And make all sorts of different flavors. Since I had all sorts of different flavors of Kosmos Q seasonings on hand I was able to make all sorts of variations, from the mild and sweet to the hot and spicy.
Trust me told, the method for making smoked Cheez-Its can be used for pretty much any snack cracker. You’ll want to use a fairly mild-flavored cracker, or use one that compliments the seasoning you want to use. You don’t want the cracker flavor to fight the seasoning.
Don’t crowd the crackers in the pan. Make sure they get spread out to get some of the smoke flavor, too.
Also try some smoked Cheetos.
- large disposable pan
- 12.4 ounces Cheez-It crackers original flavor
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup your favorite seasoning to taste. I used around 3 tablespoons of Kosmos Q Honey Barbecue
- Fire up your smoker for 225 F. Use a lighter wood. You want a bit of smoke but don't overdo it.
- Place the crackers in a large bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the oil, Worcestershire sauce and seasoning. Drizzle over the crackers and gently stir to coat the crackers. Take your time, you want them all covered well.
- Transfer the coated crackers to a large disposable pan, spread out evenly, and place onto the smoker.
- Smoke the crackers for 90 minutes, stirring every 30 minutes. The crackers will turn a golden brown. They'll be a little soft, but don't worry, they'll get crunchier when they cool.
- Remove from the smoker and let cool before serving. Optionally, spread out onto a wire rack to cool quicker.
Nutritional values are approximate.