This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
I loved this roasted garlic chicken with Parmesan gravy so much that I made it twice in one week. The downside was that the house pretty much smelled like garlic all week. That glorious garlic aroma, in my opinion. Some may not share my enthusiasm about so much garlic, but I definitely would NOT cut back on the amount of garlic in this dish.
If you follow this recipe for roasted garlic chicken with Parmesan gravy as it is, you’ll be as happy as happy can be with the end result. I also changed up the garlic a few times. Once I made it with garlic that I had first been cooked in a slow cooker. Fantastic. Once I made it with garlic that I smoked on my smoker while I was smoking a few racks of ribs. Devine.
No matter what garlic you use, use a lot. And I do mean a lot. Twenty cloves may seem like a lot now, but you won’t regret using the full amount or more. The gravy, rich and creamy with a slight nutty Parmesan taste is so good I’d have had it for dinner by itself if I could.
Enjoy. And also try my 40-clove garlic chicken.
Roasted Garlic Chicken with Parmesan Gravy
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Don’t be shy with the seasoning.
- Add chicken to skillet and brown on both sides, 3-5 minutes each. Remove to a plate and reserve.
- Add the onion and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, stir and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add the thyme and flour. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add the broth. Scrape up any bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pan. There’s nothing but flavor in those bits!
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the Parmesan.
- Return the chicken to the pan, cover, and place in the oven for 15 minutes. Check that the chicken has reached 165 F.
Nutritional values are approximate.