This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
It’s summer time. And summer is good. Summer is better, though, with a big ole plate of spicy barbecue-and-bacon baked beans. These are some of the most flavor-packed beans you’ll find. And talk about easy to make, too! It’s not quite as easy as open a bunch of cans and heat, but it’s close to being that easy. A little time in the oven and you’re ready to devour some tasty beans. Double, triple or quadruple the recipe and you’ve got a great dish for a picnic or family get-together!
Much of the flavor in these spicy barbecue-and-bacon baked beans comes from the Ranch style beans. Then along comes a bit of jalapeno spiciness. And just a hint of sweetness. For the BBQ sauce I went with a nice hickory BBQ sauce to add a bit of that outdoorsy flavor.
Also try my peach BBQ beans.
Spicy Barbecue-and-Bacon Baked Beans
- Cook the bacon until about 3/4ths done. I do this in an oven at 350 F for about 30 minutes, but you can also use a skillet on the stove top. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Lightly grease a 9×9 casserole.
- In a large bowl combine the beans, barbecue sauce, jalapeno, onion, brown sugar and mustard.
- Stir in the bacon.
- Pour mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake 25 minutes or until bubbly hot and the onions are just tender.
Nutritional values are approximate.