It was meatball week here. I made a monster batch of my homemade meatballs with plans of using them in all sorts of dishes, from spaghetti and meatballs to meatball sandwiches and meatball soup to, of course, 4-cheese meatball pizza. I love the texture of meatballs on a pizza. They add a nice meatiness to each and every bite, plus they add even more wonderful Italian flavor.
The combination of four different cheeses made for a delightful pizza feast. There weren’t any leftovers. That happens with pizza around here. Roasted cauliflower? Probably gonna have some leftover. Leftover 4-cheese meatball pizza? Nope.
As much as I love my meatball sandwiches, meatballs on a pizza are my favorite. Also try my cafeteria-style pizza.
4-Cheese Meatball Pizza
- 1 large pizza dough I used my bread machine pizza dough
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce I used my homemade sauce
- 8 meatballs cooked, cut in half (I used my homemade meatballs. See the note below). If using frozen, thaw first.
- Any other desired toppings I added mushrooms and black olives… plus a few pinches of dried red pepper flake
- 1 cup provolone cheese shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup fresh Parmesan cheese shredded
- Note: I used my homemade meatballs. Normally I make them at least 2 ounces each. For the pizza I made 1 ounce meatballs instead. You can still use large meatballs, but instead of halving them you will probably want to quarter them.
- Preheat oven to 420 F
- If using store-bought pizza dough or crust, prepare per the package instructions.
- Ladle sauce onto the pizza and spread out edge-to-edge.
- Distribute the meatballs around the pizza.
- Add any other toppings that you desire.
- Sprinkle with the cheeses.
- Transfer to a pizza stone or pan and bake 10-12 minutes or until the dough is crispy and the cheeses are melted.
Nutritional values are approximate.