Andouille sausage has such a great, spicy flavor. It’s up there with chorizo as my favorite sausage. A little heat and bold flavor adds a lot to what would’ve been normal (but still good) fried potatoes.
Also try my Andouille po boy.
Andouille Cajun Potatoes
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Add the andouille and cook until lightly browned on the edges.
- Remove andouille to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add potatoes. Reduce heat to medium and cover. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are just starting to turn tender.
- Flip the potatoes, increase the heat to medium-high, add the Cajun seasoning and garlic, stir gently, and cook another 8-10 minutes or until the potatoes start to brown on the edges.
- Remove from heat. Add the andouille back to the pan. Add the parsley and toss gently. Cover until ready to serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.