I had a little meat and au jus left over from the French dip sandwiches I made the other day, so I figured I’d try something new and make them into French dip crescents. They came out tasting just like French dip sandwiches, with a lighter and fluffier exterior. Quite tasty and moist, and fun for dipping. These little yummies make for fun appetizers.
These are the perfect size to serve as appetizers for the big game. Just make sure you have a few paper towels on hand since they are a tad messy after you dip them.
Also try my French dip sandwiches.
French Dip Crescents
- Warm the meat and au jus over medium heat.
- Divide the crescent rolls into 8 large triangles.
- Add 1/2 slice of cheese to dough and top with 2 tablespoons of meat. Roll up and seal the dough.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and cook 15 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
- Serve with the au jus for dipping.