Oh my goodness. I could eat a lot, and I do mean a lot, of these bacon-wrapped pineapple poppers. They are the perfect combination of heat and sweet, smoky and creamy. I could eat them as appetizers. I could eat them for dessert. With little effort, and not much time, you can make a grill-full of these little yummies. Just stand back and watch them disappear! Make extra, you’re going to want them!
You can change up these bacon-wrapped pineapple poppers by simply using a different BBQ sauce. I wouldn’t touch the rest of the recipe, it’s perfect just like it is. Use a sweet BBQ sauce for your non-heat-lovin’ friends. Use a spicy BBQ sauce for your no-pain-no-gain friends. Or something in-between.
I recommend that you use a grill basket when making this dish. I makes cooking easier and you don’t have to worry about anything falling through the grates. And cleanup is easier too!
Also try my grilled okra poppers.
Bacon-Wrapped Pineapple Poppers
- Fire up your grill for indirect cooking or low-heat direct cooking. You want a cook temperature around 375 F.
- Place cream cheese and pineapple into a medium bowl and stir until well blended.
- Spread cheese mixture into the jalapeno halves, leveling off the tops. You don't want any cheese 'mounds' or you'll have oozing.
- Wrap bacon around the jalapenos.
- Transfer to the grill and cool for 30 or so minutes until the bacon is beginning to crisp.
- Brush the tops with BBQ sauce and cook another 5 minutes.
- Remove jalapenos from grill to a wire rack and let cool just slightly before serving. The bacon will get crisper as they cool.
Nutritional values are approximate.