Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
The Char-Broil Big Easy is a fantastic all-around cooker. And as much as I use it to cook poultry, that’s not all it does perfectly. This Cajun corn-on-the-cob is just another great side dish. As with just about anything on the Big Easy, it’s no-fuss and as easy as can be. The corn comes out packed with spicy buttery goodness, cooked perfectly.
There is a nice little kick to Cajun corn-on-the-cob on the Char-Broil Big Easy. If you’re worried it might be too spicy (it’s really perfect to me), cut back on the cayenne and red pepper flake. I wouldn’t eliminate them completely. That little heat balances well with the sweetness of the corn. This corn goes great with my Cajun Creole chicken on the Big Easy.
Cajun Corn-on-the-Cob on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 4 ears corn-on-the-cob husks and silks removed, cut in half
- 1/2 stick butter melted
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Place the 8 pieces of corn onto pieces of foil.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and brush over the tops of the corn. Rotate and brush the other side of the corn.
- Seal tightly in the foil and place into the Big Easy basket.
- Cook in the Big Easy for 20-25 minutes or until the corn is tender.
Nutritional values are approximate.