Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
The Char-Broil Big Easy is a fantastic all-around cooker. And as much as I use it to cook poultry, that’s not all it does perfectly. This Cajun corn-on-the-cob is just another great side dish. As with just about anything on the Big Easy, it’s no-fuss and as easy as can be. The corn comes out packed with spicy buttery goodness, cooked perfectly.
There is a nice little kick to Cajun corn-on-the-cob on the Char-Broil Big Easy. If you’re worried it might be too spicy (it’s really perfect to me), cut back on the cayenne and red pepper flake. I wouldn’t eliminate them completely. That little heat balances well with the sweetness of the corn. This corn goes great with my Cajun Creole chicken on the Big Easy.
Also try my Buffalo blue cheese and honey-butter corn on the Big Easy. Nothing is easier than making corn on a Big Easy!
Love your Big Easy as much I love mine? Check out my Big Easy Add-Ons page and my free Big Easy eCookbook!
Cajun Corn-on-the-Cob on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 4 ears corn-on-the-cob husks and silks removed, cut in half
- 1/2 stick butter melted
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Place the 8 pieces of corn onto pieces of foil.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and brush over the tops of the corn. Rotate and brush the other side of the corn.
- Seal tightly in the foil and place into the Big Easy basket.
- Cook in the Big Easy for 20-25 minutes or until the corn is tender.
Nutritional values are approximate.