These Boursin cheese mashed potatoes are absolutely insanely yummy. They are chock full of all sorts of good things, like cream and cheese 🙂 Boursin cheese has such a fantastic savory flavor.
The key to these potatoes is boiling the water with the garlic already added. This really adds to the flavor. We have a copycat Boursin cheese recipe that really saves on the cost of making these potatoes. You’ll find it hard to tell the difference between it and the real thing.
Boursin Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- 5 cloves garlic peeled, smashed
- 6 medium russet potatoes rinsed, peeled and cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1 5.2 ounce Boursin Cheese I used Shallot & Chive
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- ground black pepper
- chives chopped, for garnish, if desired (I used green onions)
- chicken gravy warmed, for topping, if desired
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the garlic to the water.
- Add the potatoes and boil 5-10 minutes or until softened.
- Drain and add potatoes back to pot on burner. Turn heat off.
- Add in the cheese, sour cream, heavy cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mash potatoes with a masher, stirring to combine.
- Serve topped with gravy and chives, if desired.
Nutritional values are approximate.