These Boursin cheese mashed potatoes are absolutely insanely yummy. They are chock full of all sorts of good things, like cream and cheese 🙂 Boursin cheese has such a fantastic savory flavor.
The key to these potatoes is boiling the water with the garlic already added. This really adds to the flavor. We have a copycat Boursin cheese recipe that really saves on the cost of making these potatoes. You’ll find it hard to tell the difference between it and the real thing.
Inspired by a recipe from Nibble Me This.
Boursin Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- 5 cloves garlic peeled, smashed
- 6 medium russet potatoes rinsed, peeled and cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1 5.2 ounce Boursin Cheese I used Shallot & Chive
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ground black pepper
- chives chopped, for garnish, if desired (I used green onions)
- chicken gravy warmed, for topping, if desired
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the garlic to the water.
- Add the potatoes and boil 5-10 minutes or until softened.
- Drain and add potatoes back to pot on burner. Turn heat off.
- Add in the cheese, sour cream, heavy cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mash potatoes with a masher, stirring to combine.
- Serve topped with gravy and chives, if desired.
Nutritional values are approximate.