I’ve been inspired lately by my bread making expertise. Ok, not really. But I have been really happy with how great my last few loaves have turned out, like this bread machine jalapeno cheese bread. I make the dough in my bread machine, then roll it out, shape it, and let it rise again. Finally, into the oven and done! I’ve proven to myself too many times before that I should not make dough by hand. I let the bread machine do it. Like this jalapeno cheese bread. Not too spicy, and not too cheesy, but just right and the perfect texture for sandwiches.
I think you could substitute just about anything for the jalapenos and the cheese in your bread machine jalapeno cheddar bread. Chopped roasted poblanos and pepper jack cheese would make for a great combination. As would diced green chiles (drained very well first) and Monterey jack cheese. The options are pretty much endless. Just don’t use any ingredients that are extremely moist.
Also try my bread machine garlic herb pepperoni bread and my Italian herb bread.
Bread Machine Jalapeno Cheese Bread
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup cheddar cheese diced (I used shredded)
- 3 jalapenos seeded, diced
- 3 cups bread flour
- ½ tablespoon active dry yeast
- Place ingredients into your bread machine in the order listed.
- Select the dough cycle and let the machine do its job.
- Lightly flour a work surface and add the dough. Punch down to flatten.
- Use a rolling pin to shape the dough into a rectangle the width of your bread pan. Lightly oil the bread pan.
- Roll the dough up into a tight log. Seal the seam and ends tightly and transfer to your bread pan.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and place in a warm place to rise, doubling in size, about one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Bake bread for 30 minutes or until the bread has a nice crust on it.
- Remove to a wire rack to cook slightly before slicing and serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.