I was digging around in the bottom of the fridge when I came across a tub of pizza dough. A quick check of the freezer found that I didn’t have any pizza sauce. And no ‘normal’ pizza toppings in the fridge, either. Well, I figured that this was the opportune time to make a breakfast pizza. I can’t say I went into the project with great optimism. Well, I’ve been wrong before. This breakfast pizza was easy to make and came out tasting fantastic. It was a welcomed twist on a regular ole pizza.
Of course you can add more toppings. Such as crumbled cooked breakfast sausage. Roasted red bell peppers. Salsa. Hot sauce. Jalapeno slices. Use my version of breakfast pizza as sort of a canvas for whatever you want to do. You can’t mess it up. Also make my breakfast po boy and my egg McMuffin casserole.
I highly recommend that you shred or grate your own cheese at home. Don’t buy the pre-shredded or pre-grated stuff. It has stuff added to it to keep it from sticking together. That ‘stuff’ affects how the cheese melts. Shred it yourself and use the good stuff.
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza crust
- ½ cup bacon coarsely chopped
- 6 eggs beaten
- 4 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 2 cups pepperjack cheese shredded
- ¼ cup red onion thinly sliced
- cilantro chopped, optional
- Open dough and prepare per package instructions but bake only 4-6 minutes until the crust just starts to ge crusty. Remove from oven.
- Cook bacon over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Drain all but 1 teaspoon of the drippings.
- Add eggs, lower heat to medium low, and cook, stirring constantly, until just starting to set.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle egg over cooked dough.
- Drop cubes of cream cheese onto crust. Add the pepperjack, red onion and bacon.
- Return to oven and bake 10-13 more minutes or until the cheeses have melted and the crust is crunchy and golden brown.
- Remove from heat and garnish with cilantro.
Nutritional values are approximate.