I made a nice big ole batch of Buffalo chicken on my Char-Broil Big Easy the other day. Nothing beats the kick of moist, shredded, Buffalo chicken. Besides using the chicken in sandwiches, on pizzas, and in wraps, I also used it in a wonderful stuffing for these Buffalo chicken mushrooms.
Although I ended up serving this as a main dish using large mushrooms, the stuffing is perfect in smaller button mushrooms, served up as bite-sized appetizers. They’re full of creamy cheese, celery, carrot and onion, all with the kick of Buffalo wing sauce.
Of course, you don’t have to make chicken on the grill to make these delightful Buffalo chicken mushrooms. Any ole Buffalo chicken recipe will do, like my slow cooker version! Serve these mushrooms with my bratwurst stuffed mushrooms for an interesting mix.
I recommend that you use a grill basket when making this dish. It makes cooking easier and you don’t have to worry about anything falling through the grates. And cleanup is easier too!
Inspired by a recipe from the Snappyu Gourmet.
Buffalo Chicken Mushrooms
- 1 pound mushrooms small, medium or large depending on how you are serving them. I used small for appetizers, mediums for a side dish, and large when serving as a main dish
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup Buffalo chicken warmed. I used our slow cooker version
- 1 tablespoon Ranch salad dressing
- ½ cup celery shredded
- ¼ cup carrot shredded
- ¼ cup red onion shredded
- Preheat oven to 425 F or fire up a grill for direct cooking.
- Remove mushroom stems and scoop out the insides.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Spoon chicken mixture into mushrooms, filling to just the tops or they will overflow.
- Bake or grill 8-10 minutes until the mushrooms have softened.
Nutritional values are approximate.