These caramel crunchy Cheetos were such a big hit at Anita’s office that I decided to post the recipe today. I have to admit, they are highly addicting. They’re like candied Cheetos. Great crunch and sweetness, similar to caramel popcorn in ways. I made these little treats with Crunchy Cheetos, but I wouldn’t hesitate to make them with Cheddar Jalapeno Crunchy Cheetos to get a nice mix of heat and sweet.
It might sound crazy, but Cheetos are the bomb on hot dogs too! Also try my always-popular praline crunch. But don’t hesitate to make these caramel crunchy Cheetos. I’ve made them for Anita’s co-workers many times and they’ve always disappeared in no time at all.
Also try my Cheetos popcorn!
- Preheat oven to 250 F.
- Spray a large bowl, a large sauce pan, and a deep roasting pan with non-stick spray. You may also want to spray your utensils as you go since these are quite sticky!
- Add the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup to the sauce pan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil and let boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the baking soda. The mixture will become light in color and will be somewhat foamy.
- Pour the Cheetos into the large bowl. Pour the caramel mixture over the top. Stir the Cheetos to coat. You don’t have to worry about getting every one fully coated as they will get tossed more in the oven.
- Pour Cheetos mixture into the roasting pan and place into the oven.
- Bake at 250 for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour onto wax paper. Allow to cool.
Nutritional values are approximate.