Paula Deen does crank out some good dishes, like these carrots au gratin. She has a lot of critics, but I’m not one of them. When I do watch cooking shows, I watch for the food. I try to ignore the fluff.
These carrots came out fantastically. It’s a nice twist on the traditional potatoes au gratin. I think we’ll put this on our to-make list for this year’s Thanksgiving.
Carrots Au Gratin
- Spray a 9″ x 9″ baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the carrots and green onion and saute for 6 minutes.
- Add the flour, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the milk and stir until thickened, 2-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese.
- Pour mixture into the baking dish. Sprinkle top with the crushed chips.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and the chips are a little browned.
Nutritional values are approximate.