Who would’ve thought… who would’ve known…. that oven-baked hot dogs could be soooo good? Maybe it was because I was just jonesin’ for a hot dog, but a glance outside made me realize that a grilled dog just wasn’t in my future. These baked ones came out just great!
Here are they are just before getting cheesed and baked. No point in being shy with the toppings. These are meant to be messy dogs so go all out.And… the money shot! I think these oven-baked hot dogs would be great for a party, kids or not! Also try my awesome pickle hot dogs. For another great oven-baked favorite, cook up a few racks of oven-baked ribs.
Oven-Baked Hot Dogs
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Melt the butter in a saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and cook until just starting to get tender.
- Stir in the chili and heat through. Remove from heat.
- Spread a little mayonnaise on the inside of all the hot dog buns. Yes, mayonnaise. Trust me.
- Add a hot dog into each bun then place into a 9″ x 13″ baking dish. You might have to squeeze them in a bit, but that’s ok.
- Top each dog with a tablespoon of the pickle relish.
- Spoon the chili mixture over the hot dogs and top with cheese and jalapenos (if using).
- Bake for 40 minutes.
Nutritional values are approximate.