It’s that time of year. Time for a good ole Halloween bark. Make it for Halloween or fall, it’s just good stuff. Just add whatever you want into it. It’ll be gone fast. Maybe next time I think I’ll add a few handfuls of my dad’s pecans.
I’ve found that Halloween bark is a great way to use up leftover Halloween candy, though we usually don’t have much leftover candy if you don’t count what I’ve hidden for our own personal use. But sometimes the weather turns and we have lots and lots leftover. So, we just crumble it or chop it into the bark and chow down.
For St. Patrick’s Day I like to make my grasshopper thin mint bark.
- 12 ounce white chocolate chips
- 4 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 2 cups bite-size pretzels sticks or twists or whatever you find
- 1 cup candy corn M&Ms
- 1 cup candy corn or Autumn M&Ms
- 1/4 cup sprinkles orange and black
- Melt chips per package instructions in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine all but the sprinkles.
- Pour melted chocolate over mixture. Stir to combine. Hurry, but don’t rush so much as to break the pretzels and cereal.
- Spread out onto a large sheet of wax paper.
- Sprinkle with sprinkle and let cool and set for 30 minutes. Break into bite-sized pieces and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.