Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
Any day that ends in the letter ‘y’ is a good day to roast up some chicken in my Big Easy. A few hours in a flavor-packed marinade, one hour on the cooker, and we sat down to enjoy some fantastic downtown roasted chicken breasts on the Char-Broil Big Easy. The chicken is moist and tender with just a hint of spiciness and smokiness. I used bone-in chicken breasts, but any chicken cuts (or even a whole chicken) would work just fine.
I removed the skin because the marinade is going to keep it from getting crispy. Also, no skin means that the marinade soaks in deep, making sure each bite of downtown roasted chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy is full of flavor. The marinade would also be fantastic on steaks.
When using a marinade and cooking on the Big Easy I like to lay my chicken flat so that the marinade doesn’t fun off. If you are using the basket that comes with the Big Easy you can easily cook two breasts at a time. Add the bunk bed basket and you can cook four.
Downtown Roasted Chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 4 chicken breasts split bone-in ,skin removed
- Place the chicken in large resealable bag or container.
- Place all of the rub ingredients into a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour marinade over chicken. Close the container and toss gently to coat.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Remove the chicken from the container and place into the Big Easy basket.
- Place into cooker and cook until the chicken hits 165 F, about 1 hour.
Nutritional values are approximate.