Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
Wow, such great flavor in every bite! The seasoning on the chicken I roasted in the Big Easy was fantastic, nicely herby. It’s a copycat of the roasted chicken Kentucky Fried Chicken used to have on the menu years ago. KFC dropped the idea, but now you can have that great taste at home. I believe KFC removed the skin from the chicken. I’ll leave the decision to do that or not to you.
I admit, I’m often pretty heavy-handed with seasonings, especially when it comes to chicken. I find that chicken needs all the flavor help it can get. This KFC roasted chicken seasoning clone is so good I put on a little extra. It would also be fantastic on a turkey cooked in the Char-Broil Big Easy.
KFC Roasted Chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 4 chicken breasts bone-in split, or whatever cuts you prefer
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
- Combine the spice mix ingredients.
- Apply the seasoning and transfer the chicken to the Big Easy basket.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes per pound or until it reaches 165 F as checked in several places.
- Remove and let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.