This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
This copycat Boston Market Tuscan Herb chicken is exactly why I bought my Char-Broil Big Easy: crazy good chicken. Sure, I cook a lot of things on my Big Easy, but it cooks poultry like you’ve never had. Perfect every time and easy as you can possibly get. These split chicken breasts were packed with herb flavor. The skin was insanely crunchy and soooo tasty. And oh so moist meat. This may be the best chicken I’ve ever made.
You can use skin-less chicken breasts if you prefer, just rub the herb mixture over the meat. The original recipe was for a whole chicken, which you could also do. But make sure you check the meat temperatures in several places before removing the full bird from the cooker. I prefer split chicken breasts when I make this copycat of Boston Market Tuscan herb chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy..
Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
Copycat Boston Market Tuscan Herb Chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- Fire up your Big Easy. Spray the basket with non-stick spray.
- Using your fingers, carefully separate the skin from the chicken meat, creating a pocket between the skin and breast.
- Combine the oil and the basil, oregano, rosemary and garlic.
- Rub the mixture between the skin and meat. Be generous with it.
- Salt and pepper the outsides of the breasts.
- Place into the Big Easy cooker and cook until the breast meat reaches 165 F. Depending on conditions and the size of the chicken breasts, plan on 10-15 minutes per pound.
- Remove and devour.
Nutritional values are approximate.