Anita and I recently had a great lunch at the Aquarium Restaurant located at the Opry Mills shopping center in Nashville, Tennessee. One of my favorite dishes was their firecracker slaw. It had a great balsamic vinaigrette with a great spicy kick. I decided right then and there to attempt to make a copycat of the slaw when we returned home.
My version of Firecracker slaw is very close to the one we had at the Aquarium Restaurant. I believe the only differences are that they might have used a white balsamic vinegar (my slaw was darker), and I’m not 100% sure their version contained mustard. Mine is absolutely fantastic, though, and I’ll make it again.
Also try my chipotle coleslaw.
- Place all ingredients except the slaw mix in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the slaw and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour before serving, stirring first.
Nutritional values are approximate.