This garlic Parmesan skillet bread is a great way to make a big batch of tasty, savory bread for dinner. It looks cool and is just about as no-fuss as you can get. I cooked the bread in a cast iron skillet, which I think gives the bread a bit more of a crust on the bottom, but you can use a saute pan that is able to handle 350 F in the oven (most can).
I can see making this using cheddar instead of Parmesan, and perhaps a little Cajun seasoning instead of Italian for something a little different. Don’t get me wrong, garlic Parmesan skillet bread is delicious as it is. It’s just fun sometimes to change things up a bit.
Also try my Italian herb skillet bread.
Garlic Parmesan Skillet Bread
This garlic Parmesan skillet bread is a great way to make a big batch of tasty, savory bread for dinner. It looks cool and is just about as no-fuss as you can get.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 can flaky buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Melt butter in an 8″ cast iron skillet (or saute pan).
- Remove pan from heat.
- Add the garlic, seasoning, and cheese. Stir, coating the bottom and sides of the pan with the mixture.
- Tear biscuits into 4ths and toss into pan. Just put them in there in any order you want.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 595mg | Potassium: 143mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 165IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutritional values are approximate.