Hash browns are my favorite when it comes to precooked potatoes. Give me crunchy potatoes and I’m a happy guy. Don’t nag at me because they weren’t made from scratch. This is an indulgence that I don’t readily admit to.
A friend of mine recently told me about grilled hash brown patties. The idea was so simple and brilliant that I had to smack myself and say “doh”!
You can find the patties in your grocer’s freezer section, right by the other frozen potatoes. The great thing about them is you can top them with whatever you like, from just ketchup, to my favorites, cheddar and green onion and bacon and cheddar. And they only take minutes to make, perfect as sides for the next time you fire up your grill. I tossed them onto my Weber Q 1200 and in minutes these grilled hash brown patties were done.
Grilled Hash Brown Patties
- 4 hash brown patties frozen
- Your favorite toppings
- Fire up your grill for indirect cooking.
- Place patties on grill and grill about 5 minutes. Rotate slightly and grill another 5 minutes.
- Flip and continue grilling 5-10 minutes or until golden brown and heated thru.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Nutritional values are approximate.