I’m a big fan of grilled packet dishes. Anything from simple sides to entire meals can be made quite easily in an aluminum foil packet. They don’t always look fru-fru, but they always taste great, like this grilled sausage with potatoes and green beans.
This meal-in-a-packet idea really has great flavor. The sausage, beans, potatoes and onion all steam and cook up together, creating a nice broth.
I sprinkled this with smoked black pepper for a little added flavor. The pepper is not crunchy or overwhelmingly strong, it just adds a nice little smoky taste as it cooks down inside the steamy packet.
Also try my green bean casserole.
Grilled Sausage with Potatoes and Green Beans
- Set up your grill for indirect cooking.
- Tear off a large piece of aluminum foil.
- Add the green beans, potatoes, onion, and sausage. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with the oil, and top with the butter.
- Pour water over mixture and seal up the foil into a packet.
- Place packet onto grill over indirect heat for 30-40 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
Nutritional values are approximate.