Man oh man, these grilled Jamaican jerk chicken sandwiches disappeared fast. I used my preferred chicken meat, thighs, instead of breasts, but you can certainly use white meat instead. I would recommend butterflying the breasts or just cutting them thin (and to a consistent thickness so they cook evenly). No matter what you use, these sandwiches are nicely spiced, crazy tender and perfectly moist. I wouldn’t change a thing about them.
I used some The Shizzle jerk marinade. It is my favorite. They also make a hot version that I love (it is called Voodoo Hot for a reason!).
Also try my grilled Malibu chicken sandwiches.
Grilled Jamaican Jerk Chicken Sandwiches
- 8 chicken thighs boneless, skinless, trimmed
- 8 hamburger buns
- 1-2 cups coleslaw to taste
- 1/2 bottle Shizzle Jamaican Jerk Marinade
- Let the chicken marinade for at least 4 hours (and up to 24 hours).
- Fire up your grill for direct and indirect cooking.
- Shake off any excess marinade from the chicken and place over direct heat. Sear for a few minutes, then rotate 90 degrees and cook another 2 minutes or until you get those perfect grill marks. Flip and cook another 2 minutes. Remove to indirect heat and cook until done.
- Lightly toast the buns on the grill.
- Assemble the sandwiches by topping buns with chicken and slaw.
Nutritional values are approximate.