Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
Bacon-wrapped Lit’l Smokies on the Char-Broil Big Easy have been on my radar for a few weeks now. I was just waiting for a nice day to fire up and make a big ole batch of them. That nice day came, and boy, was it ever a glorious day (food-wise and weather-wise!). I can’t even begin to tell you just how great these little bites are. They are the perfect appetizers. Crunchy, yummy bacon. Fire-eater rub (or whatever rub or seasoning you prefer). And of course, little sausages. You cannot stop eating them.
I served these little morsels with warmed spicy BBQ sauce for dipping. A nice creamy mustard dipping sauce would be great too. Or Sriracha. Or just pop them in your mouth and enjoy!
Anything wrapped in bacon is going to taste great, like these bacon-wrapped lit’l smokies on the Char-Broil Big Easy. Check out my bacon-wrapped tater tots, also made on the Char-Broil Big Easy. Or some bacon-wrapped shrimp!
Bacon-Wrapped Lit’l Smokies on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- Place the bacon into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Slice the bacon into thirds and sprinkle with the rub.
- Place a cocktail sausage at the end of each piece of bacon and roll up.
- Place seam-side down into the Big Easy basket.
- Fire up your Big Easy and insert the basket full of smokies.
- Cook for around 20 minutes or until the bacon starts to crisp (it will crisp up more as it cools, so do not over-cook it). The top pieces may get done before the bottom. If that happens, simply remove the bunk bed basket and continue cooking the sausages on the lower level.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Nutritional values are approximate.