The only even remotely tropical-flavored chip I’ve ever had is Maui onion. These quick fix mango chile-lime potato chips put those to shame. These chips are decidedly fruity, with a good hint of heat. They also have just a touch of citrus. They’re different in a very good way. The seasoning I used (from Pepper Palace my favorite hot-sauce store!) was original intended for wings or shrimp, but it is just as amazing on chips.
My quick fix mango chile-lime potato chips take only minutes to make. You end up with great-tasting chips that are seasoned YOUR WAY. My goodness, is there nothing worse that getting a bag of “The best chips you’ve ever had!” chips home only to find that half the chips don’t have enough seasoning. Or any seasoning for that matter. Well, you can go right ahead and season the heck out of them now. Any way you want. Do it.
Not that I mean to over-stress it, but I will mention you don’t need any fancy fru-fru chips for this recipe. In fact, I’d stay away from them. You want ruffled chips, preferably. And frankly, you want chips that are a bit oily. Yep. Once heated, the chips will release that oil and that’s what you need to get the seasonings stuck on there good!
Also try my quick fix garlic Parmesan potato chips.
Quick Fix Mango Chile-Lime Potato Chips
- 4 cups potato chips A few good handfuls worth. I recommend ruffled chips, and no need to get the expensive stuff, store brand is fine
- ½ tablespoon Wing Master Mango Chile-Lime Wing seasoning more or less, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 275 F.
- Spread chips out onto a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes. You should see that the oils in the chips have come to the surface.
- Gently transfer chips to a large bowl and sprinkle with the seasoning. Use a spatula to carefully stir to coat.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional values are approximate.