These mini baked ham and Swiss sandwiches from King’s Hawaiian are absolutely insanely good. I found a great variation on the original over at The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife, so I made them… and they up and disappeared in minutes!
I will probably cut the butter in half next time, but let’s face it… butter makes them even better!
Keep the mini theme going with some mini corn dog muffins and mini cinnamon rolls!
Mini Baked Ham Sandwiches
These mini baked ham and Swiss sandwiches from King’s Hawaiian are absolutely insanely good.
- 1 12 pack King’s Hawaiian Original Rolls
- 12 slices deli ham sliced thin
- 6 slices Swiss cheese sliced thin
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the mustard and Worcestershire. Stir.
- Add onion and poppy seed and saute until the onion just starts to soften. Remove from heat.
- Cut the rolls in half, horizontally, keeping the top and bottom halves in tact. Just lay them out on a flat surface and run your knife through the middle, parallel to the ground.
- Spray a 9″ x 13″ baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Spoon 1/3rd of the onion mixture over the bottom of the dish.
- Add the bottom half of the rolls. Top with ham and cheese.
- Add the bun tops.
- Spoon remaining onion mixture over the buns.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Use a sharp knife to separate the buns, cutting through the cheese and ham.
Calories: 432kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 808mg | Potassium: 240mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 854IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 177mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional values are approximate.