I loved making simple little bites like these pizza pretzel nuggets. They took no time, little ingredients, and came out great. This recipe makes a decent-sized batch of snacks, enough for Anita to take to work and share with her co-workers. Every bite has a wonderful, light pizza flavor. You’ll think you’re biting into your favorite deep-dish pie. Just the right combination of pizza sauce, cheese, and yes, salty crunchiness.
I left the red pepper flake out when I made these pizza pretzel nuggets since I didn’t know how that’d go over at Anita’s office, but for me, this dish could use a bit of spiciness. It’s great on it’s own, don’t get me wrong, but I’m always of the opinion that spicy is better.
Also check out my balsamic, cheddar, and spicy garlic ranch pretzel bites! They are all out-of-this-world good too! And my homemade pizza rolls are well worth the time they take to make.
Pizza Pretzel Nuggets
- 18 ounces Synder's of Hanover Sourdough Nibblers 2 9-ounce bags
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1.37 ounces McCormick Spaghetti seasoning
- red pepper flake to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 275ºF.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Place pretzel nuggets in a large bowl. Drizzle with the oil and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the nuggets with the Parmesan, spaghetti seasoning and red pepper flake (if using). Toss to coat.
- Spread pieces out evenly onto the foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Stir, and bake another 15 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
Nutritional values are approximate.